Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What Is Stopping Me?

I have wanted to write for oh so long and actually have written a couple of things! I spent an excruciating three years of my life writing and then rewriting and never feeling confidant that what I was saying was interesting or informative. I wrote a book about relationships called "Kiss Your Frog" and a children's book titled "Do Bees Have Bellybuttons?" I sent "Do Bees Have Bellybuttons" in to a couple of publishers and was rejected. I have never even allowed anyone to read through "Kiss Your Frog". I was so devastated by the rejection that I have never tried publishing again.

So, I got this brilliant idea that I would blog every day and just say what was on my mind putting words to the activities and projects and lessons I am learning. The easy part is the writing. The hard part is clicking on the "PUBLISH POST" button on this page!

I realize that pushing "that button" I am opening myself to millions of different opinions and personalities which I think will be a difficult and yet incredible experience for me personally.

A little about me: I am a 43 year old married woman with five children, a son-in-law and a grandson. I have many interests. I love music, reading, writing, cooking, baking, painting, and the ocean although I live nowhere near an ocean. There is just something about the ocean that fills my whole being with peace and wonder.

A perfect day for me would be sitting in a beach chair with an umbrella for shade and a wonderful book, open pages lying across my lap. A gentle breeze coming in from the ocean. The sound of the waves breaking on the sand and sea birds whispering in their high pitched calls from a distance reminding me that I am living in that moment. That is where I go when I need a little reprieve from the happy, frustrating, beautiful chaos that is my life, which I love, by the way.

The first thing I am going to attempt as I share my adventures with all of you will be oil painting! I have created one painting so far but I really have no idea what I am doing and although my painting turned out alright I have so much to learn! My greatest stumbling block is FEAR! But, because I have a great desire to conquer this fear I am going to share in all glory and failure my journey with you.

We can journey together!

Leesey Lou


1 comment:

  1. Lisa! I once sent in a childrens book and I was rejected too, and I have part of a fiction story written but didn't finish it because I have been afraid of that rejection too. I hope you won't mind me stopping by to read your blog! I like what I've read so far! :) I love that quote in your other post... makes me want to be better, want to be who I am meant to be and want to believe I can do great things. Thank you for posting that and reminding me that we are meant to do great things and it is within our reach if we will only allow ourselves to reach for it.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete