Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What Is Stopping Me II

So I kind of rambled about several different subjects in my last blog and didn't really get to the meat and potatoes of what really stops me from accomplishing my dreams and developing those talents I want to have!

Honestly fear is a big barrier for me! I love this quote by Nelson Mandela;

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Doesn't the truth just resonate from this quote when you read it? I feel the power in this message every time I read it to the point that I am ready to conquer the world! It helps me remember who I really am and that I do have purpose, a purpose greater than I ever allowed myself to believe possible!

So what is stopping me? I can find a million things to take the place of valuable time and precious dreams. Life throws darts all at once and I, like a fool, run around trying to catch them afraid of getting poked! The sad part is that at the end of the day, when I have no more time or energy, most of the darts turn out to be those soft darts with foam tips and I was never in danger of being injured at all! Not much life threatening or so important that it couldn't have waited happens in a normal day. I look at my day and see that most of the things I do are good but, truly how mammoth are they in importance?!

Besides fear there is a measure of laziness involved as well! Let's be honest! When I am afraid of something, I don't want to face "IT". I want to turn away from "IT". So there "IT" is lurking behind me, tapping me continuously on the shoulder, reminding me that everything I want to do or have or be is painfully close. It is all within my grasp if I would only turn around and go through IT!

"IT" would take so much effort!" and "What would people think of "IT"?" are two show stoppers for me! So laziness, out of fear, keeps me closed and claustrophobic.

I am so tired of living my life afraid and now I am making a comittment to move through "IT"! I think I will start by reading the quote I began this blog with every morning and evening to remind myself that I can only help others by shining light instead of keeping darkness so close. I get to face my dreams and make them reality living my life to the absolute fullest in posibility!

I DO want to express myself through painting and writing. I DO want to be that "fun" mom that draws my childrens friends to my home! I want the energy to be organized, not crazy organized, just the kind of organization that makes it simple to find what I need! I want to live every day of my life with brilliance! Brilliant is my new favorite word, by the way. LOL

So here I go! Time to be make "IT" into "BRILLIANCE"!

It's Possible!

Leesey Lou

1 comment:

  1. Lisa Marie, I love your blog. This post about what is holding you back rang true for me. I too have always loved the quote you included. I too have been thinking about my fears and what hold me back. Mine in the fear of failure and also laziness. Anyway back to you. Thank you for sharing this with me and others. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete