Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Birthdays!

My grandson turns 1 today! How is that even possible?!

Time is a strange thing. One week ago today I sent my oldest son Tylan to Oklahoma City to serve a mission. We were able to go to the airport with him this time because he had already finished his training at the Missionary Training Center when he was sent home for knee surgery. He was home with us 2 1/2 months recovering and discovering, learning and growing both physically and spiritually. His relationship with us improved especially with Braden who is just younger than him. His faith was tried and tested. He continued to get up in the morning early to read scriptures, ponder, and pray. The two and an half months flew by!

Then "time" did a cruel thing. This last week, since putting Tylan on the plane, has been the slowest week of my life! It has been torture not knowing where in Oklahoma Ty is, or who he is with. Wondering if he is happy and loving life or if he is sad and lonesome, have been constantly on my mind.

The wait is over! We received an e-mail from him today and all is well! He loves his companion and he is serving in Oklahoma City in the projects! I didn't know Oklahoma City has "projects". All cities do I suppose. So now "time" can march on again but hopefully not too fast.

So where did the year go since the birth of our sweet Jackson? He is such a wonderful little boy! He is so full of love and joy and happiness! I guess time flies when you are having fun and we have had a blast with Jackson! So we will party with him today and celebrate him!

I guess it is all about taking the "time" to enjoy the journey because "time" moves on whether we pay any attention to it or not! Enjoy!

Bye for now,
Leesey Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment