Thursday, August 6, 2009

What A Day!

Remember how I said I wanted to take up painting in my first blog? Well today that took on a different twist than I expected.

I work in a little store that sells a little bit of a lot of different things! We have home decor, some furniture, hardware, garden supplies, kitchen wares, fishing gear, keys and paint. One of my favorite things to do is mix paint.

It astounds me that you can take a little black, some deep yellow, and a smidge of violet mixed in a 5 gallon bucket of base 1 white paint and come up with a color called "Antique White" which is a creamy tan color! How does that work? Or take a gallon of paint and put some green, black and a little of the deep yellow and get a color called "Caribbean Celebration" which is the color of the ocean sweeping up onto white sandy beaches so I've been told. LOL Something I will experience one day!

Today I mixed a color called Florida Gold. It is an orange-ish color, bright and cheerful! I was excited! I love mixing colors that are different from "the norm". By the time I was finished I had the lovely Florida Gold splattered from the inside of the mixer to the legs of my black jeans and all over the floor! The lid had not sealed properly! Ugh! I had created a masterpiece!

I can't say that the rest of my day went better, it didn't. But I did get to paint! HA There is always more than one way to follow a dream!

Leesey Lou


3 comments:

  1. Hey there Lisa, this is very fun to see others blogs. I enjoy seeing a glimpse into others lives. I think it helps us all to know we are not the only one to feel a certain way. I LOVED the quote you posted. I feel that way all too much and I need to break the barrier. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa this made me smile! Thanks for sharing! I know I shouldn't laugh at someone's misfortune (ie, paint all over your jeans) but the way you described it and the way in which you looked at the whole thing... creating a masterpiece... priceless. The best attitude to have! I enjoy reading your posts... maybe you should think about resubmitting your book and allowing someone to read the other one. You have a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally love it! you found something from your normal every day to smile about! your rock lisa! love ya!

    ReplyDelete